This site offers you: 1. Over 150 links to various Bach YouTube recordings
2. Four slide shows containing over 140 graphics.
3. Recommended Bach sites and various articles
4. A dozen transcriptions as free downloads.
Note: The use of full screen recommended.
Page 1 A dozen pictures of Leipzig 1. Home Page and a YouTube playlist
Page 2 Four slide-shows containing over 120 graphics 2. Slide ShowsPage 3 Links to other Bach websites. 3. Recommended sites
Page 4 Articles on various Bach topics. 4. Bach Articles
Page 5 The Chaconne. 5. The Chaconne
Page 6 Free downloads 6. Transcriptions
Page 7 Glenn Gould and the Goldberg Variations. 7. Glenn Gould
Page 8 Organ Recordings from YouTube 8. Organ Works
Page 9 Miscellaneous Bach recordings 9. Video film clips
Page 10 Contact details 10. Contact
Leipzig in Pictures
Leipzig as it was in Bach's time. The St Thomas School building in the centre has been demolished.
The Bach statue outside the Thomaskirche.
The Hausmann portrait from 1746.
The chancel of the Thomaskirche. Bach's grave is in the centre aisle.
Sir John Eliot Gardiner
Aria: 'Tief gebuckt und voller Reue' from Cantata 199, John Eliot Gardiner, the Monteverdi Choir and Orchestra. Click: 1. Aria Cantata 199
And from Part One of the Christmas Oratorio, Sir John Eliot Gardiner and the Monteverdi Choir perform from Jauchzet froh locket. Click: 2. Part 1 Christmas Oratorio
The chancel showing the baptismal font.
The west gallery where almost all cantata performances take place.
In 1992 Georg-Christoph Biller became the 16th Cantor to succeed J.S.Bach. In the following link he directs the Thomanenchor in an extract from the St Matthew Passion: 3. Have Lightnings and Thunders their fury forgotten?
In 2000 a new organ was built in the north gallery by Gerald Woehl of Marburg. A short film demonstrating this instrument can be viewed from the following link: 7. 2000 organ
The organist of the Thomaskirche is Ullrich Böhme.To view a performance by Böhme of the Toccata and Fugue in D minor on the new Woehl instrument, click 8. Toccata and Fugue in D minor (Ullrich Böhme)
Johann Sebastian Bach's grave.
The Thomaskirche from the west; and a line drawing of Bach from about the time of his appointment as Cantor in 1723.
A YouTube Playlist of 39 Bach recordings
1. Christmas Oratorio Opening Chorus Sir John Eliot Gardiner and Monteverdi Choir http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6MMW-NJmt8
2. Bach’s final work Kunst der Fuge BWV 1080
3. The Goldberg Variations arranged for string ensemble
4. Bach Aria from Cantata 199
5. Cantata ‘Actus tragicus’ BWV 106 (Complete) Collegium Vocale Gent Leonhardt
6. Bach Two-part invention Annie Zhou age 8
7. Bach Badinerie from Suite No. 2 in B minor 10 year old Emina Huskic
8. Bach B flat minor fugue from 48 Gould
9. Glenn Gould: Bach Concerto in G minor BWV 1058 (1st mvt.)
10. Ain Yoon age 10 F minor piano concerto (3rd mvt.)
11. BWV 601 Orgelbüchlein Chorale Pedal Harpsichord
12.Wedge Fugue at Naumburg John Scott Whitely
13. Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring The
14. Gould Partita No. 2 (BWV 826) - Sinfonia.
15. Schubler Chorale 'Kommst du nun, Jesu, vom Himmel herunter' (cantata 137) BWV 650
16. Bach-Busoni Chaconne Eduard Kunz
17. Bach Gloria Patri from Magnificat
18. Bach Gloria from B Minor Mass Richter
20. Bach Cantata 140 Wachet auf ruff uns die stimme
21. Andras Schiff Piano Concerto in D minor Berlin Philharmonic
22. Violin Concerto No 2 in E (1st movt.) BWV 1042 Kyung Wha Chung
23. Bach Little G minor fugue Canadian Brass
24. Bach Violin Concerto in A minor (1st) Accademia Vivaldiana
25. All Six
26. Argerich, Kissin, Levine, Pletnev Bach Concerto for 4 Pianos BWV 1065
27. Badinerie BWV 1067 Played by Robert Tiso
29. Badinerie from Suite No 2 for Flute and strings. Koopman
30. Ton Koopman Amsterdam Baroque. Fourth Orchestral Suite in D
31. Bach violin concerto No.1 a minor 3rd movement Allegro assai BWV1041 7 years old
32. André Isoir Bach-Vivaldi at Weingarten
33. Sinfonia Cantata 29 ‘Wir danken, Dir’ Diane Bish at the Coral Ridge Ruffatti,
34. Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Sydney Town Hall Kurt Ison 2003
35. Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 Allegro Moderato (1st mvt.)
36. Partita No. 2 in D minor (Complete) Allemanda, Correnta, Sarabanda, Giga, Ciacona.Kremer
37. B minor Mass Sanctus Karl Richter
38. B minor Mass Osanna John Nelson Notre Dame Chorus
39.Bach Goldberg Variations Glenn Gould (complete) 1981 studio recording. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2YMSt3yfko&feature=related